Brighten Your Day – A Shane Weight Loss Resort Recipe
During this time of year, with it being fall and winter, weather isn’t always the best. It gets darker earlier, in some areas it’s snowing, raining or foggy and let’s face it, we could all use a little more sunshine.
Our weight loss resort in Texas made a Sunshine Cinnamon-Maple Quinoa with Pecans and Fruit for a cooking class. A delicious dish that will help brighten your day!
Sunshine Cinnamon-Maple Quinoa with Pecans and Fruit
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (can also use skim or soy milk)
- 1 cup chopped apple
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- In small pot over medium heat, cook quinoa in water with cinnamon for about 20 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed and quinoa is cooked (check liquid after about 15 minutes, and if needed add and extra ½ cup water and finish the 20 minutes of cooking time).
- While quinoa is cooking, toast pecans in a skillet on medium-low heat until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add maple syrup, pecans, apple, and blueberries to cooked quinoa.
Nutrition Info: Calories: 338, Total Fat: 17g, Sodium: 48mg, Total Carbohydrates: 39 g, Dietary Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 10g Protein: 8g