How many times have you heard that “breakfast is the most important meal of the day?” All meals are important but breakfast literally means breaking a fast from the night of sleeping. Eating a healthy breakfast can jump start your metabolism and help you power through a busy morning of work, school, errands, or fun with friends. It can also be helpful in your, as a nutritious breakfast is an essential part of a .
Skipping breakfast is more likely to cause a weight gain and make weight control more difficult. If your body is still in a fasting mode, your body, mind, and metabolism do not get enough energy. Not eating in the morning may lead to low blood sugar, which makes you feel like you have less energy.
Eating a well balance breakfast can help you lose weight. Eating a well balanced breakfast is like filling up a tank of a car – breakfast is the fuel for your body.
A simple way to make a well balanced breakfast is to put a few food groups into a meal. Many people do not have time to prepare and enjoy a filling, well balanced breakfast of eggs, toast, and turkey bacon each morning.
A lot of times we need something quick and simple in the morning. Don’t just munch on dry cereal. A step to improve a breakfast cereal is to add a cup of skim milk. To make it even better, have whole grain cereal, skim milk, and a banana. Whole grain cereal has more fiber to keep you fuller longer; the milk provides protein, and the banana has fiber and potassium
A simple breakfast like a bowl of cereal will power you through the morning. Other quick and simple, well balanced breakfasts include:
– Whole wheat toast with peanut butter and fruit
– Whole wheat english muffin with hummus, tomato, and hard boiled eggs
– Yogurt Parfait: Plain Greek yogurt, fresh berries, and almonds
– Whole grain granola bar (Larabar, Luna, etc) with an apple
– Whole grain waffles with blueberries and skim milk
– Healthy trail mix (nuts and dried fruits) with a cup of skim milk
– Fruit smoothie
– Cottage cheese with pineapple and slivered almonds
– Mini whole wheat bagel with almond butter and apple slices
– Whole grain muffin with fruit and a cup of skim milk
– Fruit salad with a cheese stick and whole wheat crackers
– Oatmeal prepared with skim milk and fruit and nuts