Local Attractions – Texas
The Shane Diet & Fitness Resorts program is located at The Westin La Cantera Hill Country Resort in San Antonio. You’ll be surrounded by the legendary Texas Hill Country. There’s more than 14,000 square miles of lush rolling hills, majestic Oak and Cedar trees and countless lakes and streams all running with crystal clear water. In addition to all this magnificent scenery to enjoy, there are more than 50 cities and towns to explore in the Texas Hill Country.
Come on out in the spring and you’ll see an amazing profusion of lovely wildflowers, most notably Texas Bluebonnets, lining the roadsides and splattered over those famous hills. For spectacular color, the fall foliage here is unsurpassed: the trees are ablaze with red, yellow and orange leaves. The mild winters let you comfortably explore the Hill Country’s large array of antique shops. And you’ll love strolling through San Antonio’s famous shopping area, The Shops at La Cantera, which is just minutes from The Resort. And with summer comes an amazing range of outdoor activities: hiking and biking, boating and tubing, to name but a few. And, also just minutes from The Resort, is San Antonio’s Six Flags Fiesta Texas, one of the world’s greatest amusement parks.
What better place to come and start your new life than at the Shane Diet & Fitness Resorts in the middle of Texas Hill country?!
- Emilie & Albert Friedrich Wilderness Park- Emilie and Albert Friedrich Park features 5.5 miles of hiking with varying degrees of difficulty. It is home to rare birds, terrestrial orchids, steep hills, and deep canyons.
- Gruene Historic District- Home to Gruene Hall, the oldest music hall in Texas, Gruene features quaint shoppes and numerous national historical sites.
- San Marcos Premium Outlets- 140 stores – find savings at Coach, Cole Haan, Michael Kors, Prada, Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, Victoria’s Secret and more.
- Enchanted rock – a spiritual rock…perfect for hiking.
- Natural Bridge Caverns – rock wall climbing, underground cavern hiking, zip lines (GREAT for a hot day, as the caverns are generally cool being underground).
- Texas State Parks in our area (there are A LOT!). Our favorites: Pedernales Fall and Garner State Park.
- River Tubing on Comal River and Guadalupe River.
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas – Roller-coaster rides and a water park all practically in our backyard.
- Sea World San Antonio – Visit with the penguins, dolphins and whales.
Unique Hill Country towns, great for shopping, antiques, and exploring: