Weight Loss Camps Tasty Halloween Treat
Today may be Halloween but there are still going to be Halloween parties this weekend. Want to bring something delicious, but don’t want to undue all the hard work you’ve done to lose weight and stay healthy? Check out this recipe created by our Registered Dietitian at our weight loss camp in San Antonio!
Chocolate Pumpkin Popcorn Balls
Makes about 24 1-inch popcorn balls (serving size: 2 popcorn balls)
6 cups plain popped cornIngredients:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 TBS chopped dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped dried cherries, cranberries, or raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Put popcorn in a large bowl.
- Combine honey and peanut butter a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, cooking until mixture is bubbly and smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in the pumpkin seeds, dried fruit, cinnamon, and chocolate (the chocolate will melt in to the mixture).
- Pour the hot mixture over the popcorn and gently mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until well combined.
- Dip both hands in the ice water. Press 2 TBS of the mixture at a time into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Make sure to press them tightly into a ball shape so they hold together. Place the balls on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Let the popcorn balls cool completely before wrapping them individually in saran wrap and store in an airtight container. Best if eaten within a few days.
Calories per serving: 70, Total Fat: 4 g, Total Carbohydrates: 8 g, Sugar 7gg Dietary Fiber: 0.5 g, Protein: 2 g