A Weight Loss Resort That Knows Green Spring Cleaning Recipes
Here at Shane Diet & Fitness Resorts, we know that being “healthy” doesn’t always have to refer to what you put in your body, but what you use in your home. You might be thinking “What does a weight loss resort know about green cleaning?” But we care as much about keeping our environment healthy just as much as we care about getting you healthy.
Try these homemade recipes to make your home sparkle by using products you may already have on hand and give the harsh cleaners to someone else.
- Drain Openers/Cleaners: Pour boiling water directly down the drain, not into the basin, twice a week to prevent clogs. Use a drain trap/strainer to catch food and hair. To clean clogged drains, use a metal snake or plunger.
- Floors: Mop with 1 cup of white vinegar mixed with 2 gallons of water to remove dull greasy film. Polish floor with club soda.
- Whitening Laundry: Use dry bleach, borax, or washing soda to whiten. Borax is a good grease cutter is a good grease cutter. Never mix with ammonia!
- Microwave: Mask odors and clean quickly by placing a small bowl with a ¼ cup of lemon juice in the microwave and run it on high for one minute. Remove the bowl and wipe down the interior with a cloth or sponge using the condensation that formed. Repeat if necessary, use some extra warm water or scrape to get any baked on residue that might be stubborn. Don’t scrape the window because it might damage it.
- Oven: Clean often with baking soda or washing soda. Mix 3 tbls. Soda with 1 cup warm water. Wear rubber gloves – washing soda can irritate skin. Rub gently with steel wool. Use oven liners (like tin foil) to catch spills. A small dish of ammonia left in the oven overnight will soften burned spills and can be reused!
- Shower: If you have hard water ; squeegee the doors after each shower and wipe the rest of the stall with a shammy. If you have build-up, use baking soda dissolved in water. If your shower head with rubber nozzles that gets clogged, soak it in equal parts of vinegar and water. If you have a metal one, place the head in a pot with 1 part vinegar to 8 parts water and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Windows: Use 1 cup white vinegar to 1 cup water. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle. Spray and wipe with a lint free rag, squeegee, or newspaper. It will minimize streaks because it does not leave anything behind.
We may be a weight loss resort but we have tools and tips for more than just to help with your weight loss. So follow these simple tips and you will have a sparkling home cleaned the green way.