Time to get out of your head
Shane gets to the roots of your behavior
One of the cornerstones of the Shane Philosophy is Behavior Change. You must be able to recognize those behaviors and attitudes that are keeping you from losing weight and staying there. The key is to develop behavior patterns that will allow you to lose weight and keep it off.
It’s not just hunger or willpower! We know that there are many factors that contribute to your struggle with weight and exercise. We know you’ll lose weight and exercise at the resort. But the ultimate challenge is what happens when you leave? What tools do you need to continue what you started while attending our program?
To address that challenge, Shane Diet & Fitness Resorts has implemented a Behavior Change Program led by our expert behavior coaches. We have group discussions, weekly progress meetings, workshops and a final coaching session at the end of your stay.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy—For those who want to go deeper
To all its guests Shane offers optional participation in a Cognitive Behavior Therapy program. CBT participation is ideal for guests wanting to explore their behavior and implement changes through one-on-one private sessions and a deeper personal therapeutic analysis. CBT sessions and group Behavior Coaching sessions overlap and guests not choosing CBT will still receive the same highly effective Behavior Coaching sessions Shane is known for.
For those choosing to participate, there is a fee of $75 per week. A bill for therapeutic services will be issued and all paperwork and processing will be handled by a third party billing service. Depending on your insurance company, the type of coverage you have and the length of your stay, you could receive several hundred dollars or more in reimbursement, less a 10% administrative fee from the billing service.
What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
CBT is a technique where individuals are taught skills that involve identifying thoughts, modifying beliefs and changing behaviors. For over 50 years, CBT has been the treatment of choice for changing thinking (cognition) and behavior.
Statistics show that even if weight loss is accomplished, most people gain their weight back and more after the first year. Here at Shane Diet & Fitness Resorts we want the lifestyle change and healthy eating habits you learn at our weight loss camps for women and men to be maintained for a lifetime. CBT can help accomplish that goal.
The benefits of CBT
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy helps guests achieve successful long-term weight management by helping them overcome common thinking errors and personal triggers connected to their eating behaviors that serve as barriers to weight control. An example is “exaggerated thinking,” which is what we do when we make the situation greater or worse than it already is.
How is the CBT program structured?
- Our CBT program is not traditional psychotherapy. It offers engaging, task-oriented learning and group exercises. In addition to participating in the same group Behavior Coaching sessions as all guests, the CBT sessions at Shane Diet & Fitness Resorts include:
- A private personal assessment upon beginning the program
- Weekly 1-on-1 private sessions with the CBT Coach
- Behavior Coaching Program Group sessions conducted three times a week
- A personal review by our CBT coach at the beginning of each 1-on-1 session of CBT assigned exercises and self-monitoring progress (i.e. identifying their triggers, cravings, hunger and maintaining a food diary)
- Discussion of a CBT/weight management topics such as rationalizations and coping
- Reading and writing assignments that reflect and integrate the learning from the prior session
- Individualized goal setting and behavioral adaptations for long-term success